The SO Adventure Club began as a bucket list but is, of course, actually so much more. It’s about finding the most exciting and most interesting adventures in the UK & Ireland, sharing them with each other, having a go, enjoying every second of them and then ticking them off the list if we even have time to reach over for a pen. This means new adventures will be added as and when and there will be no time restriction or specific rules like adventuring alone. I am, after all, an Amateur Adventurer so will certainly be taking a guide with me when snorkelling for sharks etc, you get the idea. This is a club to inspire the explorer in you, whether you’re just learning the ropes or have already summited Everest, so head over to the SO Adventure Club Begins post to leave me a comment or write me an email with your suggestions for adventures to add and be sure to let me know which you’ve had the pleasure of accomplishing #soadventureclub.
Here are the adventures (bold means I made it through the wilderness… *sings song*):
- Seven Sisters Trail
- Caving In The Devil’s Arse
- London Thames Path – Hampton Court To Greenwich
- Hike Scafell Pike
- Canoe Across Pontcysylite Aqueduct
- Surfing In Newquay
- Snowboarding In Scottland
- Hike Ben Nevis
- Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
- Hike Snowdonia
- Coast To Coast Walk
- Climbing Stanage Edge
- Abseil Into A Cave…somewhere.
- Wild Camping Galloway National Park (after a tour of the Galloway Astronomy Centre)
- Cycle In The Sheeffry Hills
- SUP The Oxford Cambridge Boat Race Route
- Walk Land’s End To Lizards Point
- Snorkel With Basking Sharks In Oban
- Fossil Hunting Jurassic Coast
- SUP On Ullswater Lake
- Wild Swimming The Fairy Pools At Glen Brittle
- Wakeboarding In Pembrokeshire Wake Park
- Sail Around The Isle of White (not on race day)
Bonus Point: Visit the highest pubs in England (Tan Hill Inn), Scotland (Wanlockhead Inn), Wales (Sportsman’s Arm) and Ireland (Top of Coom & Ponderosa).
One last thing, as I know your abilities as well as you know my shoe size I think it’s fair for me to suggest that if you are considering attempting these adventures that you conduct your own research before setting off to ensure you feel comfortable and capable. It’s always good to recognise and remember that our abilities are all different. There is no reason to fear, however, as lucky for us knowledge is easily shared allowing us to build our skills so that we can work with ourselves in order to achieve our goals. Have fun explorer and tag #soadventureclub on the old Instagram so I can give you a virtual high five!